It’s pretty basic knowledge but let me give you a few helpful hints on how not to be charged damage fees while on vacation. Just a few things I have learned over the past couple of years working for owners and an amazing rental company at the beach.
10. Put breakables up high, out of the reach or bumps of little children. Just don’t forget to put things back the way you found them so you will not be charged for items housekeeping believes are missing.
9. If you don’t know how to use something ( like an elevator or appliance ) Ask!!!!! It costs nothing to ask how to use something and a lot to fix or replace it.
8. It is true honesty is the best policy. If you happen to damage or break something, be honest about it!!!! Just tell the owner or rental agency, they expect some things to be damaged throughout the year and appreciate your honesty. They may not even charge you if you come clean and admit you accidentally broke it.
7. Look through your room when you arrive! Document anything damaged or broken and let the owner or rental company know immediately. They will not charge you for damage that you find when you immediately arrive. However, they may if you don’t tell them, so be sure to do walk through.
6. Instant tanner, and tanning lotion TANS EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Including sheet, and towels. Just get a tan while you are on vacation, or put this on before you come on vacation. This also goes for HAIR DYE!
5. Don’t try to fix it yourself! No matter if it is a stuck disposal, broken blinds, or a remote that is not working . Call the person who rented you the unit & they will have a maintenance person to fix that problem.
4. Don’t take things from the condo out to the beach. Sand, salt air, and suntan oil damages everything from fabrics to metal items. Bring your own beach towels, and leave the owner ‘ s things in the condo.
3. If you bring your pet, make sure they are allowed. A pet fee is much cheaper than a damage fee, and sometimes they are refundable.
2. Elevators and beds are not trampolines! Jumping on a bed or in an elevator can cause serious damage – sometimes even thousands of dollars worth of damage. Just a note, most elevators have hidden cameras too, so be on your best behavior!
1. The most important suggestion I can give is treat your beach rental like your own or better. If you do this the rental company will love you and may even make special deals for you to come back every year, because you were such a great renter!!
Have fun on vacation!!!!!!